Michael C. Azar | Managing Director
Mr. Azar is a founder of BlueWater. From 2011 to 2014, Michael was a founder and principal of Centermark Holdings, LLC, a family office focused on manufacturing and distribution companies. From 2004 to 2011, Mr. Azar was a principal of Quantum Ventures of Michigan and Quantum Value Partners, responsible for overseeing the firms M&A activity. From 1997 to 2007, Mr. Azar was the General Counsel of Noble International, Ltd. a publicly traded multi-national Tier I automotive components supplier.
Mr. Azar earned a B.A. in Chemistry from Kalamazoo College and a J.D. from the University of Detroit.
Mr. Azar’s community activities include raising his three children, serving on the board of the local athletic organization and other charitable organizations. Mr. Azar is an avid cyclist and runner.
Richard K. Eriksen | Director
Mr. Eriksen joined BlueWater Equity Partners as a Founding Member in 2015. During a 30-year career consulting in the Financial Services Industry, Mr. Eriksen built an Institutional Consulting practice advising Defined Contribution and Defined Benefit plans with assets totaling $2 billion. More recently, he merged his practice with Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in 2012 and served as a Regional Sales Consultant.
Mr. Eriksen was the President and Founder of The Eriksen Group Inc., served as a Senior Vice President at Morgan Stanley, and was a Senior Vice President with PaineWebber.
Mr. Eriksen earned his BBA from Western Michigan University.
Mr. Eriksen’s community involvement includes being a past board member at the Children’s Leukemia Foundation of Michigan, past president of Yucatan Peninsula Mission, and a Deacon at First Presbyterian Church.
J. Michael Mastantuono | Director of Finance
Mr. Mastantuono is BlueWater’s Director of Finance responsible for cash management functions, financial reporting, investor relations operations including reporting and legal matters, financing and liquidity strategy for investments, analysis of operational efficiencies using benchmarking and performance metrics and primary liaison with banks/lenders. Prior to joining BWEP, Michael served as Director of Finance for ValStone Asset Management a $400M private equity firm in Birmingham, MI.
Mr. Mastantuono served as a consultant with Huron Consulting, LLC, where he worked on various consulting projects on behalf of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. Michael has over fifteen years of experience in financial executive management positions in Internet and financial services companies. Prior to that, he spent seven years as a tax manager for Talon, Inc., and started his career as a tax associate with Coopers & Lybrand.
Mr. Mastantuono received his BA degree in General Business/Accounting from Michigan State University and his MS degree in Taxation from Walsh College. He is a member of AICPA and MACPA.
Aashir Patel | Partner
- 35+ years experience in advanced manufacturing
- Current President and COO of Williamston Products, Inc.
- Manager of VITEC, LLC
- Manufacturing Manager at Visteon Corporation
- Technical Specialist of advanced manufacturing & operational positions with Ford Motor Co.
- BS Industrial Chemistry and MS in Applied Chemistry – University India
David L. Moore | Senior Executive
- 45+ years of consulting experience
- Former Controller for Williamston Products, Inc.
- Financial turnaround Manager with BBK Ltd.
- Director of Accounting & Administration at R.L. Polk Co.
- Corporate Controller for Little Caesar Enterprises
- BA – Michigan State
- University; MA – Eastern
Brent A. Wolgast | Associate
- 6+ years experience in private equity and mergers & acquisitions
- Responsibilities included deal sourcing, capital raises, transaction due diligence, and portfolio management
- BA in Economics – Rider University